- Teacher: Chhabindra Poudel
The mission of CTK Healthcare & Career Institute is to provide highest quality professional healthcare education and trainings as possible that are responsive to the job prospects of our students, as well as the needs of the local labor market in the DFW community. We are committed to provide students professional hands-on training, job-seeking skills, and placement services to prepare students for their chosen healthcare careers.
A certified nursing assistant's primary responsibility is to assist patients with their daily activities by providing direct care to patients including Bathing and dressing patients, feeding and taking care of patients. You may also support doctors and nurses in diagnostic procedures and technical treatments.
Please contact us if you need more help on financial assistance or job placements or class schedule. We are here to help you achieve your goals.
- Teacher: Ameenah Lewis
Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals. They receive written prescriptions and confirm their accuracy, and can measure and package medications, and label prescriptions. They greet customers and provide basic information about their medications. You will learn about Insurance billing, Medical Terminology, Drugs, Label Prescriptions.
A Certified Medication Aide is a certified nursing assistant (CNA) responsible for administering daily medication to patients in a hospital or medical facility. Also referred to as Medical Aide Technicians, their duties include monitoring patients, reporting changes, and collecting samples.
Top Patient Care Technician Program planned for you all at CTK Healthcare:
It is a comprehensive course designed for teaching students the skills and abilities essential to the provision of basic care to patients and residents in hospitals and long term care facilities.
We focus on:
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
PCT Program prepares for students to work as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in a clinic, a hospital, or an Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.
Upon completion of this course the graduates can successfully perform duties such as:
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional condition.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assisting doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- To perform venipuncture.